Why support LMP?
We work in under-served schools and communities to make classical music accessible and affordable with free workshops, informal concerts and performance opportunities.
Throughout our 75 years we have supported talented young artists including Jacqueline du Pré, Nicola Benedetti and Sheku Kanneh-Mason. We champion artists from diverse backgrounds, inspiring the next generation to believe that ‘if they can see it, they can
be it’. We created the Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Prize for young composers from under-represented communities to help make that happen.
In 2022/23 we reached:
• 2,539 young people in 50 schools
• 306 community members
• and 26,313 audience members at 104 concerts
Unlike many larger orchestras, we receive no direct public funding and rely on donors to continue our valuable work. Over the last four difficult years, we have invested significant reserves to #KeepTheMusicPlaying. Now we need your help to continue.
The difference your donation can make:
- £10 buys a ticket for a child to attend their first full-scale orchestral concert
- £50 supports a young person to play a concert side-by-side with LMP musicians
- £250 provides a community workshop with a charity partner
- £500 provides mentoring for young composers as part of the Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Prize
As a registered charity, with Gift Aid we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give.